* Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service
Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service
Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the
qualification can be awarded.
* Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are
waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result
withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
* On attending the course please ensure you provide documented
evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation
Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate, by
either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate)
to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical
certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate
number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the
name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure
to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results
being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost
your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate
number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course.
ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
This course provides candidates with an understanding of the
principles of, and practical experience, of using industry best
practice involved in the prioritising and assessing of changes,
authorising changes, managing the building, testing and
implementation of changes, reviewing changes and the planning and
implementation of the change process, leading to a Specialist
qualification in Change Management.
This qualification reflects the general industry best practices
currently in use in IT Service Management (ITSM) and particularly
Change Management. The subject matter within this qualification is
based on industry best practice, frameworks and guidelines
including ITIL, COBIT and ISO/IEC 20000. This qualification forms
part of the 'ITSM Specialist' series.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals who require a working knowledge of the industry
best practice used in Change Management and how it may be used to
enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation.
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation which
has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to
deliver or improve Change Management within an ongoing Service
Improvement Programme (SIP).
The examination is a 1½ hours "closed book", multiple-choice
paper. There are 25 questions which are scenario based. Normally,
the examination will be held on-site at the conclusion of the
course. However, ISEB will normally also arrange four central
examinations per year in March, June, September and December;
please contact the ISEB for further details.
This course includes the following modules:
- Explain the goals and objectives of Change Management
- Understand and explain processes and roles of Change
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards,
industry best practice Frameworks and guidelines, relevant to
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Change
- Prioritise and assess the impact of proposed changes
- Access and manage the risk, benefit and cost of proposed
- Manage the authorisation process
- Manage changes through their lifecycle
- Define and agree change models and standard changes
- Produce and manage forward schedules of change
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources on managing
changes, based on Priorities
- Oversee and manage the building, testing and implementation of
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the
implementation and support of Change Management, where possible
identifying and instigating Improvements
- Analyse change records, reports and statistics and propose
resolutions to reduce the number of failed changes by proactively
preventing failed changes, in conjunction with Problem
- Produce Change Management reports for dissemination and
interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between Change Management and
other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Change