Financial (Money) Management BBS104
DescriptionLearn to manage money effectively! This course teaches you to manage your money, at home or in business, more efficiently. You will deepen your understanding of how money works, get a firm grip on financial terminolgy, and learn how to get better deals when borrowing, spending or investing. COURSE OUTLINE
This is a course about how to accumulate, borrow, spend, invest and save money. Some people have an intuitive ability with money, where everything they touch turns to gold, others need to take a much more conscious approach to handling money if they are to maximize their assets. It aims to improve your ability to make the right decisions about managing finances.Throughout the course the st…
Frequently asked questions
This is a course about how to accumulate, borrow, spend, invest and save money. Some people have an intuitive ability with money, where everything they touch turns to gold, others need to take a much more conscious approach to handling money if they are to maximize their assets. It aims to improve your ability to make the right decisions about managing finances.Throughout the course the student will develop their ability to make better decisions with respect to the following sorts of problems:
- How to better invest money.
- How to capitalize on your home
- How to buy more economically to cut food bills.
- How to minimize taxation.
- How to bulk buy to minimize costs.
- Deciding how much to keep in reserve for a rainy day.
- How often to restructure your personal budget.
All of these problems and more are dealt with throughout this comprehensive guide to money management.Course Structure There are eight lessons in total, as outlined below:
- Understanding Financial Terminology
- Planning & Managing your Cash
- Borrowing -for goods, against your home etc. Different types of loans, overdrafts, credit cards, financing a business etc.
- Buying -What to look for, hidden traps, consumer protection, deciding when not to buy on credit, forms of credit.
- The Money Market -How it works
- Investing -In housing, land, stocks, bonds, trust funds, antiques, business investments, insurance (annuities) and more.
- Superannuation -Lump sum, roll over etc.
- Reducing Costs -Cutting down on expenditure.
- Banks -How they can help you.
- Communication -How to deal with financial experts, bank managers, accountants and others in the financial world.
- Goals for financial management
- Financial terminology/language
- Financial statements
- Cash flows
- P&L, Balance sheet
- Financial records
- Problem solving
- Why borrow?
- Types of loans/Sources of funds
- Getting a mortgages to suit you
- Credit card control
- Debt Management
- Do you need to buy?
- The best time to buy.
- Which is the cheapest?
- Buying and the law/Consumer protection
- Buying business,
- Buying property
- Money market operations
-What is an investment?
- Types of investments
Housing, land, stocks, bonds, trust funds, antiques
business investments, insurance (annuities) and more.
- Buying shares
- Spread your investment
- Investment appraisals
- A lifetime guide to money matters:
Managing your cash, debt, insurance,
housing, strategic planning
- Making your own money
- Using your money
- Keeping your money
- Counting your money
- Enjoying your money
- Investing in shares
- Buying or starting a business
- Handling lump sums
- Investment options
- Superannuation for:
- Methods of cost saving
- Alternative Living
- Reducing the cost of credit
- Use your property
- Organizing your finances
- Bank clearing house
- Choosing a bank
- Types of banks
- Bank fees
- Getting the most from your bank
including reduced credit card rates
- Dealing with financial experts, bank managers, accountants
and others in the financial world.
- Using the right financial terminology
Our highly experienced tutors for Financial Management, include:
15 years experience in the stock market, international
trading and small business.
5 years with ACS, in our Melbourne office administration, and as a tutor and course writer.
Is this course for you?
This course is for any person or small business who is keen to reduce costs and get extra money in their pocket by learning more effective financial management tools. What will you learn?
How to make your cash work for you and slash your expenses! This course teaches you to take charge of your finances by getting better deals when spending, borrowing or investing. There are more opportunities than you may realise. You will learn important financial terminology and gain an insight into how money works. We\'ll show you how to make the most of what you\'ve got. This course is extremely relevant for both individual/personal and small business financial management.