Tip: Receive more information about the programme, starting dates & price. Or request a proposal from multiple providers for in-house training.
Did you attend the course Solaris 10 Operating Systems Internals at Perpetual Solutions? Help other people by submitting your review at Springest!
Springest will donate £1.- to the Edukans Foundation as a thank you for each review
The Solaris 10 Operating System Internals course provides students with information about the various kernel subsystems, routines, and structures that make up the Solaris 10 Operating System. Students will use Solaris Dynamic Tracing (DTrace) to step through process creation, execution, signal delivery, and scheduling, correlating observations with source code available through OpenSolaris. The l…
The Solaris 10 Operating System Internals course provides students with information about the various kernel subsystems, routines, and structures that make up the Solaris 10 Operating System. Students will use Solaris Dynamic Tracing (DTrace) to step through process creation, execution, signal delivery, and scheduling, correlating observations with source code available through OpenSolaris. The labs make extensive use of dtrace,kmdb, and mdb commands to examine the system structures on live systems. The labs also make use of OpenSolaris web access to facilitate understanding how the Operating System works. The kernel subsystems covered include the multithreaded architecture, virtual memory, scheduling, process lifetime, signal management, the vnode layer, and file systems such as UFS, ZFS and swapfs.
- Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain step-by-step how a lock is acquired
- Discuss the reason for priority inheritance and its implementation
- Identify the steps performed in a virtual to physical memory address translation
- List the process structures and routines needed to implement a scheduling class
- List the process structures used to implement multiple scheduling classes and the fields in the time-sharing and real-time dispatch parameter tables
- Describe the paging and swapping algorithms that manage physical memory as a cache
- Describe process creation, execution, and termination
- Discuss kernel thread scheduling and preemption
- Use kmdb, mdb, and DTrace to locate and display the system structures for an open file in a given process, such as the file descriptor, file structure, vnode structure, inode structure, page structure, and superblock
- Describe the placement policies that the UNIX® file system (UFS) uses to place inodes and blocks of data
Who Should Attend
Students who can benefit from this course are programmers, system engineers, advanced system administrators, and support personnel.
Introducing the Solaris 10 Operating System
Hardware Memory Management
Software Memory Management
Paging and Swapping
The swapfs File System
For online live training advice please visit our Learning Advice Centre on our website. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to receive special course offers, news and updates!
There are no reviews yet. Submit your review and help other people make the right choice. As a thank you for your effort we will donate £1.- to Stichting Edukans.
Compare 40,252 training courses in subjects like Operating Systems
£1 | 360 days | Business Impact U...
£2,295 | Focus on Training
£2,495 | Focus on Training
£1,795 | 5 days | Global Knowledge UK
£995 | Focus on Training
£995 | Focus on Training
£1,395 | Focus on Training
£1,095 | 3 days | Global Knowledge UK
£1,725 | 5 days | Global Knowledge UK