Cacti & Succulents VHT108
DescriptionDevelop your knowledge of cacti. Its been said that people either love cacti or hate them. For lovers of cacti and succulents, this comprehensive 8 lesson course is a must. The course studies major cacti & succulent groups and the differences in how to treat plants from each; in terms of soils, feeding, watering, pruning, pest control, planting procedures and more. It will stimulate your interest, and set you on the path to becoming an expert with these unique plants. Growing cacti and succulents can be rewarding, but the correct conditions must be created to produce the most satisfying growth. Succulents are frequently easy to grow, but it can be harder to grow superb specimens. The main re…
Frequently asked questions
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school\'s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Lesson Structure There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Review of the system of plant identification
- Information sources
- Culture A.
- Pruning etc.
- Methods of propagating cacti & succulent plants
- Propagation of selected varieties
- Using Cacti & Succulents
- Culture B.
- Pest & Disease
- Greenhouse growing
- Cacti developing your plant knowledge.
- Succulents developing your plant knowledge.
- Special Project
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school\'s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.Aims
- Develop knowledge of botanical naming conventions and their application in understanding the horticultural potential of cacti and succulents.
- Evaluate needs then select or improvie growing media for cacti and succulents
- Propagate different types of cacti and succulents
- Explain a range of uses for cacti and succulents
- Manage growing conditions for cacti and succulents
- Explain the cultivation of a range of cacti.
- Explain the cultivation of a range of succulents.