Starting dates and places
computer Online:4 Jul 2022 until 5 Jul 2022
computer Online:5 Dec 2022 until 6 Dec 2022
This course explains the needs, processes and applications of hydrogen generally and green hydrogen specifically as a natural participant in the energy revolution. Green hydrogen’s manufacture, applications, advantages and challenges are seen in the context of current hydrogen applications, both as storage and fuel. The course explains renewables’ growing need for energy storage and how the various hydrogen storage methods address this compared with other storage media. Storage via compression, cooling, metal hydrides, ammonia, carbon nanotubes and future exotic scenarios, including coal seams and reservoirs are covered. The course shows how hydrogen’s physical properties affect…
Frequently asked questions
This course explains the needs, processes and applications of
hydrogen generally and green hydrogen specifically as a natural
participant in the energy revolution. Green hydrogen’s manufacture,
applications, advantages and challenges are seen in the context of
current hydrogen applications, both as storage and fuel. The course
explains renewables’ growing need for energy storage and how the
various hydrogen storage methods address this compared with other
storage media. Storage via compression, cooling, metal hydrides,
ammonia, carbon nanotubes and future exotic scenarios, including
coal seams and reservoirs are covered. The course shows how
hydrogen’s physical properties affect energy density, containment,
source-to-end use efficiency and costs and create challenges for
the much vaunted ‘Hydrogen Economy’ infra structure. The current
highlights in research and how Oil & Gas companies stand to
benefit from re-purposing their considerable resources towards
hydrogen geo-research is revealed. Lastly, the class is invited to
share their takeaway on the hydrogen economy, the choke point to
increased renewable energy adoption and their proposal for hydrogen
in their organisation or home, for discussion by the class.
Course Structure: 2 modules of 4 hours each, delivered over 2 days
Each day will consist of 1 module which will be no more than 4 hours with multiple breaks.
Course Level: Awareness/ Foundation
Instructor: Mark Deakin
DESIGNED FOR YOU, IF YOU ARE...
This course is designed for
- Forward looking energy companies
- Power generation, power distribution, utility and oil & gas managers tasked with evolving their business towards sustainable energy operations
- Government policy makers
- Developing country policy makers who must broadly understand alternatives
- Private equity, bankers & energy investors who need key facts, major trends and a sober, balanced understanding of today’s diverse energy market
- Renewable energy university departments
- Renewable energy staff who must keep updated to adapt and expand their business
- Scientists and technical staff in sustainable energy
- Energy producers, distributors & retailers
- Individuals or companies installing solar or off-the-grid storage
- Large energy consumers – could your organisation benefit?
- Anybody interested in this topic
HOW WE BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE
You will emerge with a clear understanding of the use, limitations and economics around green hydrogen and whether it has a place in your organisation.
- A succinct, three day overview of The Hydrogen Economy
- Class proposals, discussion
- Daily review and Q&A sessions
- Self-Learning suggested reading
THE BENEFITS FROM ATTENDING
In this course you will learn:
- The technology of hydrogen and green hydrogen production
- Site criteria for green hydrogen installation
- Previously undiscovered applications for hydrogen in your company and beyond
- Emerging technologies in hydrogen that herald new applications
- How oil & gas companies stand to benefit from repurposing their resources to the hydrogen economy
- Is green hydrogen safe, cheap, manageable and really A-Z green?
- Does green hydrogen have a role in your organisation or home?
- Does Ammonia have a role?
- Green Hydrogen projects in Australia and worldwide: Essential specifications
- The role of government directives and subsidies in green hydrogen
- Why green hydrogen is set to expand
- Is green hydrogen a logical alternative to battery storage or are we being duped?
Course content may be emphasized and focused on specific topics according to class requirements.
- Green Hydrogen
- Course progression
- Energy storage - critical for renewable energy adoption
- Main energy storage types - essential facts
- Energy storage - Pumped hydro largest storage
- Energy storage: Li-Ion & Redox Flow Batteries, CAES
- Understanding energy density – why we waited!
- Energy density: Energy per unit volume, Joules/Litre, kWh/L
- Specific energy: energy per unit mass, Joules/kg, kWh/kg
- Hydrogen - Introduction
- Grey and Blue hydrogen
- Green hydrogen
- Hydrogen as fuel : From source to mechanical energy - process & efficiency
- What is a Hydrogen Fuel Cell?
- Hydrogen energy storage - types
- Compressed hydrogen 700bar
- Compressed hydrogen has high energy density!
- Green ammonia NH3 vs Haber–Bosch
- Ammonia fuel cells and electrolysis
- Metal hydrides
- Domestic scale green hydrogen and storage – 40kWh
- What is a Carbon Nano Tube?
- Carbon-based hydrogen storage
- Repurposing oil & gas companies to the hydrogen economy - existing projects and R&D
- Can hydrogen be created and stored in geological
- Coal seams, gas reservoirs, salt caverns
- Hydrogen + Green carbon : chemical industry feedstock
- ‘The Hydrogen Economy’ - Infrastructure complexity & costs
- What’s wrong with hydrogen? Why Elon Musk dislikes hydrogen
- Green hydrogen current projects >1GW equiv
- Green hydrogen wrap up – Pros and cons and future
- Your personal takeaway on the hydrogen economy shared and discussed
Please note that participants from Austria incur 20% VAT in addition to the disclosed net course fee.
HOT is an award-winning provider of training solutions for the energy industry. We pride ourselves in delivering excellence with each and every course session: Quality is always at the core of what we do.
Our top-notch courses, developed and taught exclusively by true experts, have been valued by the industry for over 30 years. Our training sessions equip our clients with powerful skills to remain competitive in an increasingly complex petroleum industry. We accelerate careers and empower people, striving to achieve the best possible results.
Our training portfolio covers all stages of the E&P value chain, as well as renewable energy, soft skills, and finance courses.